• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mctheknife

mctheknife

Grade 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Since the day I first saw it air, I've sought information on an instrumental tune played as background on a Budweiser commercial commemorating soccer's World Cup back in 1994.

After years of searching and finally giving up on it, thinking it was a commissioned piece, I heard 4-6 seconds of it last fall as outro music for a Detroit Lions-Philadelphia Eagles game. My obsession was so strong about the song that I wrote down the date, time, time left in the game, and all other pertinent details about where exactly it was used. I wrote to FOX almost 8 months ago now to try and learn something, but so far its been to no avail.

The tune being instrumental it obviously has no words, but has an unusually fast beat (esp. for a Bud commercial), with obviously synthesized noises invoking thoughts of small bombs and sirens in the background. The commercial itself has somewhat faded from my memory, though I distinctly remember soccer players kicking a ball over the Budweiser blimp for some reason.

I realize this was a long time ago in terms of commercials, and I realize that my descriptive powers are far from perfect, but does ANYONE have ANY guesses as to what this tune could be?

DJEiffelT

DJEiffelT

I'll save you Ginger!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
I'm gonna just throw out a guess ...

Darude - "Sandstorm"
Link

I'm probably wrong, so I'll just wish you luck in finding your song!

There you go.

mctheknife

mctheknife

Grade 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sadly, no, that's not it. Thanks for trying though.

Anyone else have any ideas?

xweeta

xweeta

Grade 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hmm, you already saw in the amazon?
World Cup USA 94

you cannot hear but maybe you find something...

perhaps it be "Gloryland [Instrumental]" :unsure:

mctheknife

mctheknife

Grade 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nah; there's no way this would come from Daryl Hall. The song absolutely SCREAMS 'techno', which is something that doesn't mesh well with the man who helped bring us "Rich Girl." :D

mctheknife

mctheknife

Grade 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Bumpin' just in case someone has any other ideas on this...

mctheknife

mctheknife

Grade 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Bumpin' again, after a six-plus year hiatus, just in case someone else has some ideas on this. I still haven't found it, nor even heard it since it was used by FOX in 2004.