• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

jaydp

jaydp

Grade 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
My parents keep on talking about this midget from a childhood TV show (back in the 60's-70s). The man went "the plane, the plane" on Fantasy Island. Who was this guy and what happened after he went "the plane, the plane"?

Thanks,

jaydp

Guest_Rob_*

Guest_Rob_*
  • Guests
Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember this. His name was Hervé Villechaize and he played the part of Tattoo. it's was based around visitors would live out their fantasies on this island and they arrived by a boat-plane IIRC he used to get excited at the begining of the show when it arrived. He committed suicide in 1993.

Rob

djflowerz

djflowerz

Grade 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
That sucks that he killed himself. I know of another "little person" actor who committed suicide - David Rappaport, one of the stars of Time Bandits.
On a more positive note, Warwick Davis from Willow, is still kickin' it! Yay! :D

dascoot

dascoot

Doppelganger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Willow looks like a short version of my first boyfriend. :huh: I'm pretty sure I caught a 2 second glimpse of him in one of the newer Star Wars flicks, Phantom Menace I think. I could prolly look it up on imdb and see if it was him but I'm too lazy.

Anyone ever heard the urband legend about the dwarf that hung himself in the background during the filming of The Wizard of Oz? I saw that part, it looks like a bird to me.

On a similar note, anyone ever played Dark Side Of The Moon to the movie? Cool as hell, but it does not promote sobriety.

Givemfitz

Givemfitz

Get off of my ass!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
Hah!!! I almost ran over Hervé Villechaize with my truck about a year before he killed himself. I lived in the same nieghborhood, Shadow Hills Ca., at the time. He was checking the mailbox in front of his house and stepped backwards into the road while reading his mail. I almost didn't see him.

TiagoDuarte

TiagoDuarte

Grade 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Actualy, i bet he was trying to commit suicide right there, but you twarthed his plans... LOL

dascoot

dascoot

Doppelganger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Kamakazi Tattoo..

Givemfitz

Givemfitz

Get off of my ass!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Actualy, i bet he was trying to commit suicide right there, but you twarthed his plans... LOL

I've seriously always wondered the same thing, quite often at first, since his death. :( He was pretty troubled. The cops & sometimes paramedics were out to his house 3 or 4 times a year. That's at night when I was home to know about it. Who knows about the times during the day. :unsure: